Saturday, June 11, 2011

UNLESS WE CHANGE OUR HEARTS

(1)

Everybody needs peace, everybody needs love. How I wish to atop crying, how I wish always smile.

(2)

Everybody needs justice, everybody needs freedom. How I wish to see no guns anymore, how I wish no prison at all. But if our hearts remain a stone, all these dreams will never come.

(Chorus)

Unless we change our hearts like the heart of a child simply pure and humble from the start, unless we will be a better place to live in.

(Repeat All, then)

(Coda)

A better place to live in.

THAT THERE MAY BE BREAD

(Refrain)

That there may be bread, that there may be joy for all eternity to share with gratitude. Let this be our prayer and may each child of earth long for the freedom that will flourish in our land.

(1)

Simple is the truth that our love cannot be real unless we choose to bless each other, as blessing we have known. (Ref)

(2)

Grateful for our life, we’ll be free to thirst and work for the planting and the harvest of Kingdom’s life in all. (Ref)

(3)

At this table of thanksgiving we are fed with the life of Jesus Risen in whom our hope is born. (Ref)

WHAT YOU HEAR IN THE DARK

(Antiphon)

What you hear in the dark you must speak in the light. You are salt of the earth; you are the light of the world.

(1)

Let your light be seen; stand against the night. Let your words of mercy tell the glory of the Lord. (Ant)

(2)

Earth shall pass away; Heaven will be undone. Never shall the Word of God be broken or destroyed. (Ant)

(3)

God will keep you safe; see the sparrows that fly. You are worth a world of sparrows sheltered by the Lord. (Ant)

(4)

Strengthen weary arms; steady all trembling knees. Say to every fearful heart: have courage, trust in God. (Ant)

I MUST BE TO JESUS

(Refrain)

I must be to Jesus what Jesus was to His Father, take me Lord accept me I’m a victim of Your love.

(1)

To be as poor as You were enfleshed and dwelt here with us, “For the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head. (Ref)

(2)

To be as chaste as You were Your spouse is only the Church, to be always free for the Kingdom of the Lord. (Ref)

(3)

And to obey as You did, I’ll accept death on cross. And my life proclaims Jesus Christ is Lord. (Ref)

YOU ARE NEAR

(Psalm 139)

(Antiphon)

Yahweh I know You are near, standing always at my side. You guard me from the foe and You lead me in ways everlasting.

(1)

Lord, You have searched my heart. And You know when I sit and when I stand. Your hand is upon me protecting me from death, keeping me from harm. (Ant)

(2)

Where can I run from Your love? If I climb to the heavens You are there; If I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea, still I find You there. (Ant)

(3)

You know my heart and its ways, You who formed me before I was born in the secret of darkness before I saw the sun, in my mother’s womb.

(4)

Marvelous to me are Your works; how profound are Your thoughts my Lord! Even id I could count them --- they number as the stars --- you would still be there.

LORD TEACH US TO PRAY

(Refrain)

Lord, teach us to pray, It’s been a long and very troubled kind of day. With our hearts and hands so busy in our private little wars, we stand and watch each other now from sep’rate shores; we lose the way.

(1)

I need to know today the way things should be in my head. I need to know for once now the things that should be said. I’ve got to learn to walk around as it I were not dead. I’ve got

BE NOT AFRAID

(1)

You shall cross the barren desert but you shall not die of thirst. You shall wander far in safety but you do not know the way. You shall speak your words to foreign men and they will understand. You shall see the face of God and live.

(Refrain)

Be not afraid; I go before you always. Come, follow Me and I will give you rest.

(2)

If you pass through raging waters in the sea you shall not drown. IF you walk amidst the burning flames, you shall not be harmed. IF you stand before to pow’r of hell and death is at your side. Know that I am with you through it all. (Ref)

(3)

Blessed are you poor for the kingdom shall be yours. Blessed are you that weep and mourn for one day you shall laugh. And if wicked men insult and hate you all because of Me, Blessed, blessed are you! (Ref)

HERE I AM, LORD

(1)

I, the Lord of sea and sky, I have heard my people cry. All who dwell in dark and sin my hand will save. I, who made the stars of night, I will make their darkness bright. Who will bear my light to them? Whom shall I send?

(Refrain)

Here I am, Lord. Is it I Lord? I have heard You calling in the night. I will go Lord, if You lead me. I will hold Your people in my heart.

(2)

I, the Lord of snow and rain, I have borne my people’s pain. I have wept for love of them, they turn away. I will break their hearts of stone, give them hearts for love alone. I will speak my word to them, whom shall I send? (Ref)

(3)

I, the Lord of wind and flame, I will tend the poor and lame. I will set a feast for them. My hand will save. Finest bread I will provide till their hearts be satisfied. I will give my love to them, whom shall I send? (Ref)

EARTHEN VESSELS

(2Cor. 4)

(Antiphon)

We hold a treasure not made of gold; in earthen vessels, wealth untold. One treasures only; the Lord, the Christ, in earthen vessels.

(1)

Light has shone in our darkness; God has shone in our hearts with the light of the glory of Jesus, the Lord. (Ant)

(2)

He has chosen the lowly, who are small in this world. In his weakness is glory, in Jesus, the Lord. (Ant)

PRAYER FOR GENEROSITY

Dearest Lord, teach me to be generous. Teach me to serve You as I should: to give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labour and ask not for reward save that knowin’ that I do Your most holy will.

PRAYER OF SAINT FRANCIS

Make me a channel of Your Peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring Your love. Where there is injury, Your pardon Lord. And where there’s doubt, true faith in You.

(2)

Make me a channel of Your Peace. Where there’s despair in life, let me bring hope. Where there is darkness, only light. And where there is sadness, ever joy.

(3)

O Master grant that I may never seek so much to be consoled as to console, to be understood as to understand. To be loved as to love with all my soul.

(4)

Make me a channel of Your Peace. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned. In giving to all men that we receive, And in dying that we’re born to eternal life.

NOW WE REMAIN

(Refrain)

We hold the death of the Lord deep in our hearts. Living, now we remain with Jesus the Christ.

(1)

Once we were people afraid, lost in the night. Then by Your Cross we were saved; Dead became living, life from Your giving. (Ref)

(2)

Something which we have known, something we’ve touched, What we have seen with our eyes; this we have heard; life-giving Word. (Ref)

(3)

He chose to give of Himself, became our bread. Broken, that we might live. Love beyond love, pain for our pain. (Ref)

(4)

We are the presence of God; this is our call. Now to become bread and wine: Food for the hungry, life for the weary. For to live with the Lord, we must die with the Lord. (Ref)

THE CRY OF THE POOR

(Refrain)

The Lord hears the cry of the poor, Blessed be the Lord!

(1)

I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise ever in my mouth. Let my soul glory in the Lord, for He hears the cry of the poor. (Ref)

(2)

Let the lowly hear and be glad; the Lord listen to their pleas; and to hearts broken He is near, for He hears the cry of the poor. (Ref)

(3)

Ev’ry spirit crushed He will save; will be ransom for their lives; will be safe shelter for their fears, for He hears the cry of the poor. (Ref)

ONE MORE GIFT

(Refrain)

If there’s one more gift I’d ask of You, Lord, it would be Peace here on earth, as gentle as Your children’s laughter all around, all around.

(1)

Your people have grown weary from living in confusion; when will we realize that neither heaven is at peace when we live not in peace? (Ref)

(2)

Grant me serenity within, for the confusion around are mere reflections of what’s within me. (Ref)

TAGALOG

HULING HAPUNAN

(1)

Ito ang tinapay ng buhay, kanin mo’t makikibahagi. Ito ang tinapay ng buhay, kanin mo’t makiisa. ‘Yan ang katawang binayubay upang ikaw ay mabuhay. ‘Yan ang katawang naghirap upang iyong kamtan ang buhay na walang hanggan.

(2)

Ito ang saro ng Bagong Tipan, inumin mo’t makikibahagi. Ito ang saro ng Bagong Tipan, inumin mo’t makiisa. ‘Yan ang dugong dumanak upang ikaw ay luminis. ‘Yan ang dugo ni Kristo na para sa iyo, doon sa kalbaryo ay tumigis.

(3)

Ito ang tinapay ng buhay. Ito ang saro ng Bagong Tipan. ‘Yan ang katawang binayubay, ‘yan ang dugong itinagis. Ito ang aking patunay, ako ay kasama Niyang namatay. Ito ang aking ipahahayag, na magbabalik si Hesus na buhay.

(Koda)

‘Yan ang katawang binayubay upang ikaw ay mabuhay. ‘Yan ang katawang naghirap upang iyong kamtan ang buhay na walang hanggan.

SA PAG-IBIG NG PANGINOON

Nawa’y manahan sa ‘ting puso ang diwa ni Kristo Hesus. Nawa tayo ay magiging matatag sa ‘ting pag-ibig, upang ating maunawaan, dakila N’yang pagmamahal. Sa bawa’t araw ng buhay, sarili nati’y maugat sa pag-ibig ng Panginoon. (Ulitin sa tonong mas mataas)

DALANGIN NG PAGTITIWALA

(Koro)

Sa Iyo O Yahweh ako’y lumalapit upang ingatan o ng hindi malupig. Ang aking dalangin laging sinasambit, iligtas Mo ako, O Dios na matuwid.

(1)

Sagipin Mo ako, ako ay pakinggan. Tanging kublian ko, ako ay ingatan. Tagapagtanggol ko’t aking kaligtasan. (Koro)

(2)

Lingapin Mo ako, ikaw ay mahabag. Pagkat ako O Yahweh ay nababagabag. Mahina na ako at wala ng lakas. (Koro)

(Koda)

O aking Dios, Ikaw ay matuwid)

PAG-IBIG MO AMA

(1)

Ang liwanag Mo ang sumindak sa dilim. Buong kalangitan nagsaya’t nagningning; kumislap, umindak ang mga bituin, nalikha ang lahat ng mga lipain. Pag-ibig Mo, Ama, ay hatid Mo sa amin, malaya’t matindi, hindi nagmamaliw.

(2)

Dinilig sa tuwa ang buong nilikha, pinuno ng aliw ang aba at ang dukha; ng pagmamahal binigay Mong sadyang matupad sa gawa ang ‘Yong salita. (Repeat 1, then Koda)

(Koda)

A---men.

No comments:

Post a Comment