Saturday, June 11, 2011

SSS OFFERTORY SONGS III

TAKE, LORD, RECIVE

(1)

Take, Lord, receives, all my liberty, my memory, under-standing, my entire will.

(Antiphon)

Give me only Your love and Your grace: that’s enough for me. Your love and Your grace are enough for me.

(2)

Take, Lord, receives all I have and possess. You have given all to me; now I return it. (Ant)

(3)

Take, Lord, receive, all is Yours now; dispose of it wholly according to Your will. (Ant)

TAKE AND RECEIVE

Take and receive, O Lord, my liberty. Take all my will, my mind, my memory. All things I hold and all I own are Thine, Thine was the gift to Thee, I all resign.

// Do Thou direct and govern all and sway. Do what Thou wilt; command and I obey. Only Thy grace, Thy love on me bestows. These make me rich; all else will I forego. //

NEWNESS OF TODAY

(Antiphon)

In the newness of today, we offer You, O Lord, our yes to life, our yes to people; our yes to community. It’s our yes to You, the bread of life, the wine of love.

(1)

Create in us a heart to love, a mind to discern what You want not what we want. To discover one another, so together we celebrate Your love forever. (Ant)

I WILL NEVER PASS THIS WAY AGAIN

I’ll give my hand to those who cannot see the sunrise or the falling rain. I’ll sing my song to cheer the weary along for I may never pass this way again. I’ll share my faith with every troubled heart so I shall not have lived in vain. I’ll give my hand, I’ll sing my song, I’ll share my faith because I know that the time is now to fulfill each vow for I may never pass this way again.

I WILLSERVE YOU

I will serve You because I love You. You have given life to me. I was nothing before You found me, You have given life to me. Heart-aches, broken people, ruined lives are why You died in Calvary. Your touch is what I long for, You have given life to me.

BREAD THAT WAS SOWN

(1)

Bread that was sown in our hills and valleys now harvested becomes one; from all the world gather Your people, O God, into the feast of Your love.

(2)

With grateful hearts, we sing our joy for knowing Spirit within among us all; life and knowledge revealed through Your Word; Jesus, the Christ, Emmanuel.

(3)

Leaven and wheat so let us be for others, nurturing good with earnest care, bringing to birth new life where hope has gone stale, faith-giving moments to share.

(4)

Sign of the nearness of one whose life sustains us, heart of our heart, Creator, Friend, calling us all to be spirit alive; You, God, our future, lasting life.

(5)

Bread that was sown in our hills and valleys now harvested becomes one; from all the world gather Your people, O God, into the feast of Your love, of Your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment