Saturday, June 11, 2011

SSS Communion SONGS I

COMMUNION SONGS

ENGLISH

VALLEYS OF GREEN

(Refrain)

The Lord He will be my shepherd; nothing more shall I want. He leads me along the path of right according to His word.

(1)

The Lord He Jesus, I will be my shepherd; nothing more shall I want. In valleys of green He lets me lie; to restful waters He leads me. (Ref.)

(2)

If ever I walk in darkness, nothing more would I fear. There at my side You will stand. Your staff will give me courage. (Ref.)

(3)

A banquet You set before me, under the eyes of my foes. And over my head You pour Your oil; My cup is flowing over. (Ref.)

LIKE A SHEPHERD

(Antiphon)

Like a shepherd he feeds his flock and gathers the lambs in his arms. Holding them carefully close to his heart, leading them home.

(1)

Say to the cities of Judah: “Prepare the way of the Lord.” Go to the mountaintop, lift your voice: “Jerusalem, here is Your God.”

(2)

I myself will shepherd them, for others have led them astray. The lost I will rescue and heal their wounds and pasture them, giving them rest. (Ant)

(3)

Come unto Me if you are heavily burdened, and take My yoke upon your shoulders. I will give you rest. (Ant)

COME TO ME

(Antiphon)

Come to Me, all who labor and are heavily burdened, and I shall give you rest. Take upon my yoke and learn from Me, for I Am meek and humble of heart. And you’ll find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

(1)

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall never be in need. Fresh and green are the meadows where He gives me rest. (Ant)

IN HIS TIME

(1)

In His time, in His time, He makes all things beautiful, in His time. Lord, please show me ev’ry day, as You’re teaching me Your way, that You do just what You say, in Your time.

(2)

In Your time, In Your time, You make all things beautiful, in Your time. Lord, my life to You I bring, may each song I have to sing be to You a lovely thing, in Your time.

(Coda)

Lord, please show me ev’ry day, as You’re teaching me Your way, that You do just what You say, in Your time.

LIKE CEDARS THEY SHALL STAND

(Antiphon)

I will play for Him on my harp, with my lute and ten-stringed lyre. I will greet the Lord with my song; I will sing of the ways of the Lord.

(1)

Good it is that we should sing to honor Yahweh’s name. To thank Him for His love at dawn, His faithfulness through night. (Ant)

(2)

Great and wide your kindness, Lord, and fathoms deep your heart. The wicked man shall not perceive, the foolish man shall fall. (Ant)

(3)

The just shall grow as tall as palms, like cedars they shall stand. And planted firmly on their God, they shall not break nor bow. (Ant)

ANIMA CHRISTI

Soul of Christ, sanctify me. Body of Christ, save me. Water from the side of Christ, wash me. Passion of Christ, give me strength. Hear me, Jesus; hide me in thy wounds that I may never leave thy side. From all the evil that surrounds me, defend me. And when the call of death arrives, bid me come to thee that I may praise thee with thy saints forever. (Hear me…)

SPIRIT SONG

(1)

Oh, let the Son of God enfold you with His Spirit and His love, let Him fill your hearts and satisfy your soul. Oh, let Him have the things that hold you and His Spirit like a dove will descend upon your life and make you whole.

(Antiphon) Jesus, O Jesus, come and fill Your lambs.

(2)

Oh, come and sing this song with gladness as your hearts are filled with joy, lift your hands in sweet surrender to His Name. Oh, give Him all your tears and sadness give Him all your years and pains and you’ll enter into life in Jesus Name. (Ant)

THE NAME OF GOD

(Antiphon)

I will take the cup of life, I will call God’s Name all my days.

(1)

How can I make a return for the goodness of God? This saving cup, I will bless and sing, and call the Name of God! (Ant)

(2)

The dying of those who keep faith is precious to our God. I am Your servant, called from Your hands, You have set me free! (Ant)

(3)

To You I will offer my thanks, and call upon Your Name. You are my promise for all to see, I love Your Name, O God! (Ant)

GOD IS LOVE

(Antiphon)

God is love, and all who live in love, live in God.

(1)

God is light, in God there is no darkness. Come live in the love of the Lord. (Ant)

(2)

Come to the Lord, receive the light and live in the love of the Lord. (Ant)

(3)

We are called to be God’s own children, to live in the love of the Lord. (Ant)

(4)

All of you are one, united in Jesus, to live in the love of the Lord. (Ant)

AS WATER TO THE THIRSTY

(1)

As water to the thirsty, as beauty to the eyes, as strength that follows weakness, as truth instead of lies, as song time and springtime and summertime to be,

YAHWEH, THE FAITHFUL ONE

(Antiphon)

Yahweh’s love will last forever, His faithfulness till the end of time. Yahweh is a loving God, Yahweh, the faithful One.

(1)

Have no fear, for I Am with you; I will be your shield. Go now and leave your homeland and I will give you a home. (Ant)

(2)

You shall be My chosen people and I will be your God. I will bless your name forever and keep you from all harm. (Ant)

(3)

Look up and see the heavens and count the stars if you can. Your name will be even greater, greater than all these stars. (Ant)

(4)

See now the land before you, rich with food and rain. No longer must you wander for this will be your home.

(Ant)

I HAVE LOVED YOU

(Antiphon)

I have loved you with an everlasting love. I have called you and you are mine; I have loved you with an everlasting love. I have called you and you are mine;

(1)

Seek the face of the Lord and long for Him; He will bring you His light and His peace. (Ant)

(2)

Seek the face of the Lord and long for Him; He will bring you His joy and His hope. (Ant)

(3)

Seek the face of the Lord and long for Him; He will bring you His care and His love. (Ant)

THERE IS ONE LORD

(Antiphon)

There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all.

(1)

Live a life worthy of your calling, in humility, meekness and patience, bearing with one another lovingly. (Ant)

(2)

Make ev’ry effort to preserve the unity that comes from the Spirit, joined as one people by Your peacefulness. (Ant)

(3)

Let us profess the truth in love and grow to the fullness of Christ, through Him the whole body is joined as one. (Ant)

TO BE YOUR BREAD

(Antiphon)

To be Your bread now, be Your wine now, Lord, come and change us, to be a sign of Your love. Blest and broken, poured and flowing, gift that You gave us to be Your body once again.

(1)

We come to Your table with our lives as they are. Heal us, Lord, for we are broken, make us one again. (Ant)

(2)

Lord, we stumble through the darkness of night. Lead us now, O Lord, we follow, bring us home to You. (Ant)

(3)

Give us the bread and wine that bring us life. Feed us and we’ll never hunger, never thirst again. (Ant)

BE WITH ME

(Antiphon)

Be with me, Lord, when I am in trouble, be with me, Lord, I pray.

(1)

You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord, Most High, who abide in the shadow of our God. Say to the Lord: “My refuge and fortress, the God in whom I trust.” (Ant)

(2)

No evil shall befall you, no pain come near, for His angels stand close by your side, guarding you always and bearing you gently, watching over your life. (Ant)

(3)

Those who cling to the Lord live secure in His love, lifted high those who trust in His Name. Call on the Lord, He will never forsake you, He will bring you salvation and joy. (Ant)

THIS ALONE

(Antiphon)

One thing I ask, this alone I seek: To dwell in the house of the Lord all my days. For one day within Your temple heals everyday alone, O Lord, bring me to Your dwelling.

(1)

Hear, O Lord, the sound of my calling. Hear, O Lord, and show me Your way. (Ant)

(2)

The Lord is my light and hope of salvation. The Lord is my refuge; whom should I fear? (Ant)

(3)

Wait on the Lord, and hope in His mercy. Wait on the Lord, and live in His love. (Ant)

WE HAVE BEEN TOLD

(Antiphon)

We have been told, we’ve seen His face, and heard His voice alive in our hearts; live in My love with all your heart. As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you.

(1)

I am the vine, you are the branches, and all who live in Me will bear great fruit.

(2)

You are my friends, if you keep My commands, no longer slaves, I call you friends.

(3)

No greater love is there than this: to lay down one’s life for a friend.

BLEST ARE THEY

(1)

Blest are they, the poor in spirit, theirs is the kingdom of God. Blest are they, full of sorrow, they shall be consoled.

(Antiphon) Rejoice and be glad! Blessed are you, holy are you. Rejoice and be glad! Yours is the kingdom of God!

(2)

Blest are they, the lowly ones, they shall inherit the earth. Blest are they who hunger and thirst; they shall have their fills. (Ant)

(3)

Blest are they who show mercy, mercy shall be theirs. Blest are they, the pure of heart, they shall see God! (Ant)

(4)

Blest are they who seek peace; they are the children of God. Blest are they who suffer in faith; the glory of God is theirs. (Ant)

(5)

Blest are they who suffer hate, all because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, yours is the kingdom; shine for all to see. (Ant)

No comments:

Post a Comment